HEALTHY, YUMMY MOUTH WATERING SALAD
Salads are healthy and nutritious. They are favoured by many especially those trying to lose weight and maintain their weight loss. Part of the benefits of eating salad is that you can control the ingredients you use thereby controlling the calories consumed and nearly everything is eaten fresh so you get lots of nutrients from them. Salads can be eaten as a main dish or a side dish and you can substitute high-calorie salad dressing for low-calorie ones.
Salads can be made in numerous ways and more things like boiled potatoes, peas, onions, shredded chicken and so on can be added to it.
1. Macaroni (two cups)
2. Half a cabbage
3. One cucumber
4. Five carrots
5. Six tomatoes
6. One green bell pepper
7. One can of sweet corn
8. One can of baked beans
9. One can of sardines
10. 1/2 handle of lettuce
11. One Apple
12. Three boiled eggs
13. Mayonnaise or Salad cream
1. Boil the macaroni in salted water and boil the eggs.
2. Wash the cabbage properly and chop it into thin pieces.
3. Peel the cucumber, divide it into two, remove the seeds and chop it into equal pieces.
4. Peel the carrots, wash and cut it into pieces.
5. Wash and cut the remaining vegetables
6. Wash and cut the apple into small pieces. The apple is optional and gives the salad a sweet and crunchier texture.
7. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients together except the egg and mayonnaise or salad cream. Place it in a refrigerator to prevent it from going sour.
8. To serve, scoop out a portion of the salad and add either mayonnaise or salad cream to it.
9. Top it up with the boiled egg and some chopped lettuce.